Sop for material reconciliation and return
To lay down the procedure and methods for reconciliation of issued material and returning of the material left unused, responsibility for implementation
the procedure and records to be maintained for conformity with GMP requirements.
1. Remove the used and unused material from the work station at the end of last batch operation.
2. Remove the wasted, rejected material from the work station at the end of last batch operation.
3. Count or weigh all of the removed material.
4. Record and account for all the material in reconciliation sheet.
5. Investigate any significant or unusual discrepancy observed during reconcili – ation of the quantity of material issued and number of units produced.
6. Inform the inprocess control supervisor for verification of destruction of wasted and excess coded material. Record the destruction in log.
7. Prepare the material return note in duplicate. Specify the reason of return .
8. Get the authorization of production manager and permission of Quality Control officer for material return.
9. Return the material in stored and receive the acknowledgement in the duplicate copy.
10. Attach the acknowledged copy in the batch product record and complete the