sop for Operation of cleaning of pipe lines
1. PURPOSE & SCOPE : To lay down the procedure for operation of cleaning of pipe carrying purified water.
2. RESPONSIBILITY : Production Officer
3. AUTHORITY : Q.A. Manager
The sanitation of pipes of carrying water is very essential work for a Pharmaceutical
Organisation. The procedure of sanitation as follows :
1. Dispose off all the purified water in the tank and pipes by opening all the valves
2. Put 100 litres of potable water in tanks & rinse the pipe fitting by disposing that
3. Put 100 litres of purified water after rinsing the pipes and dispose it again.
4. After rinsing by hot water. Put 100 litres of hot purified water in tanks & rinse the
pipes by opening all valves.
5. After rinsing with hot water shut the valves and the tanks are ready for use and
then fill with purified water.
6. This procedure of sanitation is being done after 15 days, and a record is
Maintain proper cleaning record in a register.